Our benefits package includes health, dental, long-term disability, SIMPLE IRA, professional development, and tuition remission for qualified dependents. Applicants for classroom teaching positions must have a Montessori credential that is MACTE-approved. A bachelor’s degree and previous classroom experience are preferred. Candidates are expected to work collaboratively for the benefit of each child and the school and demonstrate a commitment to professional growth and development.
Montessori Community School is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician for a year-round position from 8 am–5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Founded in 1980, MCS is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Our beautifully planned, 13 acre, wooded campus is located between Durham and Chapel Hill. MCS features sunny, spacious classrooms, science lab, a fine arts building for music, art, and ceramics, a sport field, track, sand volleyball court, numerous playgrounds, and a gymnasium.
The Maintenance Technician will report to the Director of Finance and Operations and the Head of School. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– repairing materials on campus
– installing and assembling new equipment
– performing light plumbing and electrical work
– ensuring that school equipment, including play structures, are in working condition
– moving furniture and materials
– light carpentry and painting repairs
– helping to refurbish classrooms
– general upkeep of grounds and buildings
– removing snow during the winter months
– sweeping and leaf-blowing walkways
– maintaining and contracting outside vendor
– experience with maintenance of HVAC systems, water features, and/or landscaping is a plus
Our competitive benefits package includes health, dental, long-term disability, 403(b), and tuition remission for qualified dependents.
Qualifications: at least 3 years of maintenance experience, able to lift 50 lbs., the ability to organize projects and multi-task, an eye for detail, and able to take direction.
Please send a resume to email@example.com
with the Subject: “Maintenance Technician: Your Name.”