The MCS financial aid program is designed to bridge the gap between the full tuition amount and what a family can realistically afford to pay in tuition. At MCS, we would be happy to have your family as a part of this school community and are pleased that you have chosen to consider participation in the financial aid program to help make enrollment at MCS possible for your family.
New applicants to MCS are encouraged to apply for financial aid at the time of submitting the enrollment application. To do so, you will need to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (Financial Aid Application) through the TADS website.
Based on your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), MCS will receive an estimate from TADS of your family’s ability to afford educational expenses for the upcoming school year. This estimate is the primary input in guiding the MCS financial aid committee in making fair and objective award decisions. Because a family’s ability to afford educational expenses can change from year to year, you will need to apply for financial aid annually.
The process for submitting your PFS is as follows:
- Navigate to https://sssandtadsfa.my.site.com/familyportal to begin the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
- Create your Family Portal account with your email address and a password. If you have created an account with SSS or TADS in the past, log into the Family Portal as a Returning Family using the same email address and password.
- Complete and submit the PFS. The MCS partner code is 5148. We recommend having your most recent 1040 Federal Tax Return and any W2 Statements available. You can log out of the portal at any time and return later to finish it. Please feel free to review the attached “How to Apply for Financial Aid” document for additional information.
- Once all PFS sections are complete with green check marks, the “Submit & Pay” button will activate. Follow the prompts to the payment screen. The $60 fee is nonrefundable. This fee will be automatically waived for families who meet the eligibility requirements for a Means Based Waiver. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- Submit the required documents as directed by SSS. MCS is not able to process your award until all items are submitted. You can log out and log back in to upload documentation if you do not have all documentation available. Required documents include:
- 1040 with all filed schedules and attachments
- Paycheck/Paystub copy
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline approaches. As always, we are happy to help. However, questions about the PFS are likely going to be most easily addressed by SSS. Their support center can be reached at (800) 344-8328. The center offers daytime assistance, but you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. If you have questions regarding the financial aid program at MCS, please contact Director of Admissions and Advancement Mike Miller at email@example.com.